Archive for October, 2008

Fixing utf8 in Wayfinder

Sunday, October 12th, 2008

I’m currently setting up a Swedish site for a friend, this time I changed site language in the backend to Swedish and utf8. The database collation is set to utf8 too, and the charset line in the config file looks like this: $database_connection_charset = ‘utf8’;... Read More

Pilog solve and the +Aux relation

Thursday, October 9th, 2008

I just set out to duplicate the Doctrine for dummies example, but this time for real, with a real OODB system, not some silly ORM :) Thanks goes to Alex for helping me out with the queries.... Read More

jQuery and Pico Lisp

Monday, October 6th, 2008

The heart of the problem with making work with the PicoLisp server is simple once found (thanks to Alex for helping me find it). Apache seems to use the Content-Length header to determine the length of the argument sent by XMLHttpRequest.send(), the Pico server doesn’t bother with determining the the length. It looks for a newline at the end instead.... Read More

Managing escaping when indenting

Sunday, October 5th, 2008

Another bug fix, phew, they do stack up when you really start using an application for real.... Read More

Calling Ruby scripts from Pico Lisp

Saturday, October 4th, 2008

I give up. There you have it, the confession. Too much basic stuff is lacking from Pico, as you might know we’ve covered both a way of matching a la PHP’s preg_match and JSON. I’ve realized however that I’m never gonna be finished creating a proper application doing it in 100% Pico.... Read More

Multi language blog in MODx

Thursday, October 2nd, 2008

This tutorial will demonstrate how a multilingual blog in MODx can be created. It is a combination of the prior tutorial and the multi lingual site tutorial at the MODx wiki. Both are required reading if you want to understand what is happening here.... Read More